Craving something sweet and indulgent? Look no further than Salaryman Cooking latest recipe for making cheesecake with a twist with a side strawberry jam. Cheesecake recipe is perfect for dessert lovers who want to elevate there baking game and impress their friends and families. Here, on Salaryman Cooking, we're going to show you how to make a cheesecake that is not only delicious but also visually stunning. From step-by-step instructions to tips and tricks, we've got you covered. But that's not all, we'll also explore why cheesecake pairs so well with strawberry jam and why it's one of the most beloved desserts of all time. So, whether you're a novice baker or a seasoned pro, the simple and easy recipe is for you. Get ready to discover the ultimate cheesecake experience!
As a bonus there is a video below on how to make cheesecake. If you prefer the video, click the link to go to the video straight away.
How to make Cheesecake
Making cheesecake may seem daunting, but with the right steps and techniques, you'll be able to make a delicious and perfect cheesecake every time. Here are the step-by-step instructions for making a classic cheesecake with a twist.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Stir in the vanilla extract, sour cream, and heavy cream.
- Pour the filling into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and open the door slightly. Allow the cheesecake to cool inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
One of the best things about cheesecake is the endless possibilities when it comes to toppings. While traditional cheesecake is delicious on its own, adding a topping can take it to the next level. One of our favorite toppings for cheesecake is strawberry jam. Not only does it add a nice pop of color, but the sweet and tangy flavors of the jam perfectly complement the creamy cheesecake.
How to make strawberry jam
To make the strawberry jam topping, you will need:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juice and the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Slowly add the mixture to the saucepan and stir until the jam thickens.
- Remove from heat and let the jam cool completely before spooning it over the cheesecake.
When it comes to serving and storing the cake. Best practice is to let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving. You can store your home-made cake in your refrigerator for up to 3 days but we recommend eating it within the first 24 hours for best texture.
And if you're looking for more recipe ideas to pair with your homemade strawberry jam. You can check out our previous recipe of bacon strawberry jam sandwich. Where we show you how to make a delicious sandwich with bacon and strawberry jam. Bacon strawberry jam sandwich is a perfect combination of sweet and savory. The result is a sandwich you will say, it's truly irresistible.
Why cheesecake are popular?
We are giving you three main and popular reasons why the creamy texture cakes are very popular all around the world. From a curb-side cafe to major franchise such as: Starbucks or Costa Coffee there is a cheesecake.
- The addition of whipped cream, chopped fruits, chocolate, and caramel sauce raises the level of flavor and tang in the meal. Source
- We adore cheesecakes because they are the ideal treat for the summer.
- They are outright delicious!
Cheesecake is a classic and delicious dessert that is enjoy all year round. With addition of strawberry jam topping it takes this classic dessert to the next level. Salaryman Cooking provides you with a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect home cook cheesecake with strawberry jam topping. From ingredients, to instructions, we've got you covered. The key is to be patient and to follow the instructions carefully.
Now that you've learned how to make a delicious cheesecake with strawberry jam, we encourage you to give it a try at home. Take pictures of your creations and share them with us on social media. We would love to see how they turn out! And if you're looking for more recipe ideas that pair well with strawberry jam, you can check out our previous blog post on Strawberry smoothies sensations for more inspiration.
A baked cheesecake is made with a custard-like filling that is baked in the oven, while an unbaked cheesecake is made with a cream cheese-based filling that is chilled in the refrigerator.
The exact number of calories in a cheesecake depends on the recipe and the size of the slice. Generally, a slice of cheesecake can range from 400 to 600 calories.
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main and thickest layer consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese (typically cream cheese or ricotta), eggs and sugar.