Salad jars have become one of the most popular grab and go meals for young professionals living and working in the city. Not only are they convenient but they also offer a variety of healthy, nutritious and delicious options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even for brunch you can have a salad jar with a glass of mimosa on the side for the weekend as a small cheat day. Salad jars are an easy way to get the energy boost and nourishment needed to power through a busy day.
Salad jars are an easy, hassle-free way to enjoy fresh healthy meals. With pre-portioned ingredients and a variety of flavors there is something for everyone. From fresh greens and fruits to grains, proteins and dressings the possibilities are endless. Salad jars are also a great way to save time and money. They are affordable, easy to store and can easily be taken on the go.
In addition to being convenient and delicious salad jars are also a great way to get creative in the kitchen. With endless combinations of ingredients and flavors, it’s easy to get creative and make a dish that is uniquely yours.
What is a Salad Jar?
A salad jar is a type of container used to store and transport salads usually made of glass. Mason salad jars are popular because they’re stylish, reusable and allow for easy portion control. They’re also incredibly versatile able to store salads as well as other foods like fruits, vegetables and snacks. Plus Mason jars are easy to clean and can be taken on the go making them a great choice for busy people.
How to make salad jars?
We are going to give a very important tip to make a salad jar that can last of days and much more important is that your vegetable would not get soggy. Making a salad jar that can last for days is important for meal prepping and having healthy snacks on hand. To ensure the greens don't get soggy, it's important to layer the ingredients in the jar properly. Start with a layer of dressing at the bottom, then layer on the thicker ingredients like cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, and beans.
Furthermore to assemble or to make a salad jar is easy and the steps are the same. The things that change are the ingredients you are going to use. You can be as creative as you want. As we are always creative and going to present 2 easy salad jar recipe to make at home.
Be prepare for the second recipe it is going to be amazing.
How to make salad jars?
We understand the name is already sounds a tad boring but a vegetable salad jar is perfect for a grab and go meal during lunch for your busy day at work during the week.
- Put your ingredients together.
- Place the dressing with a spoon.
- Include the protein and/or grains.
- Add everything else on top.
- Lastly, add the leafy greens.
- Place in the fridge after sealing.
That is you got your salad jar, and from there you can layer any ingredients you wish to eat and make. Simple, easy, quick and SO delicious at the same time.
Vegetable Salad Jar
A delicious combination of corn, bell pepper, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots, chia seeds, light pesto sauce, and Japanese sesame seeds sauce.
- 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups of lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of light pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Japanese sesame
From those ingredients is time to use our artistic side and just stack the ingredients on top of each other. And also remember the most important tip of a salad jar is to put thick vegetables right after the sauce.
Burger Salad Jar Recipe
Burger salad is amazing and the best part of making it is the sauce. Or we try to make a rendition of the Big Mac Burger Sauce. The burger sauce is the important bite of the salad which make it delicious for a good cheat day during the weekend. It pairs perfectly with a strawberry smoothie as well. Check out here how to make our sensational strawberry smoothies.
Burger Sauce Ingredients and Instructions
- Greek yogurt or sour cream regrettably won't give you that distinctive flavor, so mayo is the way to go. Light mayo is fine to use; feel free to use regular fat mayo or vegan mayo too.
- ketchup - 2 table spoons
- chopping up 1 tablespoon of pickles
Burger Salad JarWritten by Salaryman Cooking
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp diced pickles
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
500 calories per serving 25 grams of fat per serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, and pepper. Form into a patty.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patty for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, and onion. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad jar, start by adding a layer of lettuce. Then, add a layer of diced tomato. Add the cooked patty.
- Top with a spoonful of the sauce, then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layering until you reach the top of the jar, ending with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
There you have it a nice visual and amazing recipe for a rendition of the Big Mac to have it as a salad. Delicious and very simple to make and you can be creative too. For a in-depth making of Big Mac sauce check the guide here.
In conclusion, salads are one of the simplest, quickest, yet most creative meals you can make. With a variety of greens, fruits, vegetables, proteins and dressings to choose from, the possibilities are endless. Whether you're looking for a light and refreshing lunch, a hearty dinner, or a side dish to accompany a main course, salads are versatile and easy to make. They are also a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals, making them a healthy option for any meal. And if you're looking for something a bit more exciting, why not try making a cold pasta salad? In the kitchen do not be afraid to be creative!How long can you keep a salad jar in the fridge?
You can keep a salad jar in the fridge for 4-5 days if you assemble the salad properly. Always remember to put the thick ingredients at the button of the jar after the sauce.